Tuesday, December 20, 2011

1968 Soviet Made Generic Olympic Hockey Pin

This pin was made in the Soviet Union for the 1968 Winter Games held in Grenoble, France, Japan. The pin is routinely available for $4.00 or less, and is a nice vintage addition to any Olympic hockey pin collection. In my years of pin collecting I have learned that, for some reason, the vintage Soviet Union era pins are usually sold for next to nothing. Very few countries, if any, produced Olympic pins in the numbers that the Soviet Union did from 1956-1992, especially in the area of ice hockey. The Soviet Union's ice hockey team completely dominated the sport for decades, and the country produced numerous pins in support of its hockey champions. Thus, I believe that the historical value of these pins is important to my Olympic hockey pin collection, and I love adding them whenever I can find one I don't already own.

No comments:

Post a Comment