Friday, May 6, 2011

2006 IPC Norway News

This IPC Norway News hockey pin was made for the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy. It only took me until December 2008 to get one of my own. In my years of Olympic pin collecting I have learned that there are two types of pins that, generally speaking, are more difficult than others to obtain. The first most difficult category are the NOC or Olympic team pins that the athletes themselves are given to trade at the Games. In second place, at least as far as I am concerned, are media pins (and for me, media hockey pins). There is definitely a sub-set of Olympic pin collectors out there that focus on media pins produced for the Olympic Games. Because I collect any Olympic pin that in some way, to me, relates to hockey, my collection tends to stray across categorical boundaries into the traditional NOC, media, sponsor, government agency, generic and unofficial categories.


No comments:

Post a Comment